The scientific and technological advancement of today is a long forward journey from Stone Age. Each individual has his own interests, talents and abilities. Even a progressive syllabus fails to cater the needs of science educators who now a days are found to exhibit growing interest in stimulating group participation and mobilizing interest in learning science organizing science clubs is one among such activities. At Lakshmipat Singhania Public School we make learning of science joyful and fun filled through activities of the science club.
Objectives of Science Club
- To provide proper incentive and inspiration for the pursuit of scientific knowledge in rigorous way by broadening their scientific outlook.
- To provide opportunities for bringing school close to the society and to acquaint the people with the services and contribution of the science in their life.
- To develop among the student the spirit and attitude of healthy competition for the individual and social cause
- To help the students in imbibing the habit of self-reliance, self-dependence and love for manual work
- To provide opportunity for the development of the constructive, explorative & inventive faculties of the students.
- To make the students understand the values of time and to help them in the proper utilization to their hours.
- To create interest in latest inventions and discoveries of science in various fields and to get acquainted with the life history and contributions of great scientists.
- To develop students, interest and participation in the practical application of the knowledge related to different branches of science
- To grate interest in scientific facts and events related to one’s surroundings.
- To encourage individual and group activities.
- To make the students and public science minded
- To stimulate active participation and initiative among students in the learning process.
Some of the Science Club Activities held in 2016-17
1. Science , Art & Craft Exhibition
A Science, Art and craft exhibition is conducted at LPS Public School Jaykaypur, Rayagada on 27 and 28 Apr 2016. Students of classes I to XII lead by the teachers displayed more than 50 science projects and models and more than 100 Art & Craft exhibits. The models and exhibits were appreciated and applauded by many parents and visitors.
2. Rally on National Energy conservation day
National Energy Conservation Day was celebrated in LPS public school on 14 Dec 2016. Students of classes VIII and IX under the guidance of teachers marched in a rally to bring awareness on energy conservation by chanting slogans holding the placards, banners and distributed multilingual pamphlets to the residents of Jaykaypur.
3. National Mathematics Day (22nd December 2016)
To comemorate Sri S Ramanujan’s birth day LPS public school has celebrated National mathematics day. The importance and application of Mathematics in present Scenario and Ramanujan's contribution to mathematics were enlightened by Mr Manoj panda in the morning assembly. Different aspects of mathematics and works of Ramanujan were displayed through chart by the students under the guidance of Mr Samarendra Swain and Mrs Pratibha Panigrahi.