Co Curricular Activities
Education is not complete without co-curricular activities along with the curriculum. At LakshmipatSinghania Public School students are served a proportionate blend of Co curricular activity along with the curriculum.
Each Year is a Kaleidoscope of events and activities. The year begins with Acclimatization, Bonding , Student's Council Election, Investiture ceremony , Parent's Orientation meetings etc.
Class- wise projects, debate, extempore, elocution, recitation, story telling, quiz, fancy dress, shloka chanting, poster making, card making,Diya Decoration,mehndi, collage making, rangoli, flower arrangement, salad decoration, Maths & Science Olympiads are the regular features in which each and every student is involved.
Curriculum forms the basis of any educational institution. But it alone does not suffice for the all round development of a child. For the balanced growth of the mental, physical, social, intellectual and educational aspect of a child, scholastic as well as co-scholastic activities play a predominant role. With the sole motive to enhance confidence, self esteem, leadership, creativity, team spirit, patriotism, sympathy, empathy in a child, various activities and competitions are conducted under the guidance and supervision of able hands uplifting the areas of literature, art, music, dance, drama and technology - thus preparing the child to face the challenges of the world outside.
A high quality school assembly is one of the most important aspects of a school's curriculum. Its potential to nurture a positive school ethos that stresses care for the self, others. It powerfully nurtures the development of intrapersonal intelligence.
At LPS public school the morning assembly begins with a prayer. A thought for the day, headline news, interesting facts, recitation of poems and 'shlokas', followed by a rendition of the national anthem are an integral part of the morning assembly. We start our day by making a firm commitment to do our best-for the school and ourselves.
A platform to express our thoughts and feelings and display our talents is provided through regular assemblies. The idea of learning and growing together is given to our students. Our children exchange ideas and views about different aspects of their daily lives as well as the world around them.
Special Days Celebration
There is no blue print for change. As the world goes global, so does the celebrations. National and International days like World population Day; International literacy day, National energy conservation day, Women's Day, National Science Day; etc. are observed globally and so at LPS public school. This helps us to focus on the issues of importance to create a better world. But due to the constraints in geographical, social and cultural background it may not be possible to celebrate these days in the prescribed way everywhere.
Art and Craft:
To explore and nurture the creativity of the students LPS public school offers various Art and Craft activities to its students. The techniques of painting, sketching, water colour, oil painting, fabric painting, ceramic painting, glass painting, mosaic painting, calligraphy etc. are taught under Art and Textiles, Crocheting, Embroidery, Felt-making, Knitting, Lace-making, Quilling, Tapestry, Weaving, Woodcraft, Papercraft. Pottery and Glass Crafts, Jewellery etc. are taught under crafts. Creativity of the students are emphasized in these activities.
- Work Experience: This is divided into essential and elective areas. Essential area covers community service and campus cleanliness. Elective area offers a wide range of activities to cater to the creativity of the students and to enable them to appreciate dignity of labour.
- Life Skills: As the children grow their roles, responsibilities, aspirations and environmental context changes. This brings about the need for developing new insights in life skills.
1. To help the child understand that joy of living is a result of holistic development of personality.
2. To encourage the child to initiate steps that will help him become healthy at the physical, mental and spiritual level.
- Value Education
LPS public school is at par with changing times and is always committed to improving academics as and when required. Young minds are like blank slates. Providing an education on values at a very young age can ensure that they are guided by these principles throughout life. Value refers to standard of one's behaviour. Different values will be taught in classes I to VIII as a component within other lessons related to objects and people
- Music and Movement: Students are trained with vocal and instrumental music as well as western dance.
- Yoga: Exercises and postures that benefit different parts of the body are demonstrated and performed. Asanas are graded according to the age and experience of the student.
- Sloka Recitation: Recitation and repetition of slokas in Sanskrit enhance pronunciation and vocabulary.